Business Studies curriculum
The Business Studies curriculum aims to equip pupils with the skills to develop into effective and independent learners as well as critical and reflective thinkers with inquisitive minds. The curriculum will enable pupils to:
- Use an inquisitive, critical approach to distinguish between fact and opinion, and to build arguments and make informed judgements.
- Develop and apply their knowledge, understanding and skills to contemporary issues in a range of local, national and global contexts.
- Appreciate the range of perspectives of different stakeholders in relation to business and economic activities.
- Consider the extent to which business and economic activity can be ethical and sustainable.
The curriculum follows the Edexcel exam board for GCSE Business Studies. Three units of study are completed at Key Stage 4. Broad topics include:
- Spotting a business opportunity
- Showing enterprise
- Putting a business idea into practice
- Making the start-up effective
- Understanding the economic context
- Meeting customer needs
- Effective financial management
- Effective people management
- The wider world affecting business